Hunny and I went to hunt for my most coveted MOD PODGE.
After having our brunch we hurriedly hopped to another mall and continue our search. But there was an insatiable feel in my mouth which I obviously know the answer to, coffee! And in the coffee shop you’ll see so much more to excite your eyes.
This is the best part, I was greeted by the cheesecakes near the counter, and ooh as always they are mesmerizing. As I promised myself last week “I’ll give in to its calling the next time”, so I yield to its wishes. Sadly though, I got no photo of the Dulce de Leche cheesecake who befriended me dearly, but, I say it was wonderful.
I planned a week before, that I’ll be making New York Cheesecake my least favorite of all the cheesecakes. Maybe because it is denser and different in texture than the melt-in- the-mouth softness of the usual kind. SO why am I going to make one? simple , it’s the glory of conquering what I dislike or makes me uncomfortable. Just like when I say I wont get into baking, here I am pushed myself to find out maybe it wasn’t so bad after all.
I cannot wait for tomorrow to try recreate the decadent Dulce de Leche and New York cheesecake. To make it less complicated and less tedious I decided to fused the two for my satisfaction.
Here’s my version of Dulce de Leche New York Cheesecake
Here’s what you need:
- 600 g cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sour cream *
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. zest of lemon
- 1/2 tsp. zest of lime
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp All Purpose flour
For the Crust:
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 80 g melted butter
For the Dulce de Leche:
http://www.bakersroyale.com (this site will be very helpful)
- 1 can (397 grams ) of condensed milk
*I made mine in a lazy way. I did the stove top method in different way, I pour the milk in the pan in medium-high heat and stir it with rubber spatula until I get the sticky consistency and brown color that i prefer. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Place the oven rack in the middle.
2. mix together melted butter and crushed graham, make sure it is evenly moistened.
3. Grease 9 inch spring-form pan. I used canola cooking spray to grease my pan.Evenly press the crust into pan.
*(I extended the crust at the side of the baking pan.)
4. bake it in the preheated oven for 10 min. Or chill it while preparing the filling.
5. In a mixing bowl cream the cheese with the sugar then add vanilla, salt, lemon juice and the zest of lemon and lime. Mix well.
6. When all are incorporated add the milk, sour cream and eggs one at a time beating then the flour, beat til smooth.
7. pour half in the prepared crust then drop the Dulce de Leche, distributing evenly. then top it with the rest of the mixture.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for an hour. The center of the cheesecake must be a bit wobbly. Turn off the oven. leave the cheesecake for 2 hours in the oven. You may leave the oven door ajar for a creamy center or leave it close for a drier texture.
*I turned off the oven and left my cheesecake for 6 hours in the oven to cool, then chill it overnight. Got the tips from this site and worked really good. My cheesecake came out without any crack.Got the instructions from Chantal’s New York Cheesecake .
- how shan’t I fall in love with you?!
If only I can wish that cheesecakes are the skinniest food, what a heaven it would be.
I am conscious of what I eat and I am aware that this is a high calorie one, but what the heck, my love for this cake will never falter… ever.
About the Mod Podge I finally found it, which made my day very complete. I’ll be posting it soon.